A Small Step Outside Your Box
Feb 04, 2020
Look, we get it. Not everyone is comfortable being a “salesperson.” But in order for you to grow your school, you’re going to have to step outside your comfort zone and do something different.
If you find yourself frustrated with a lack of growth or profitability, it’s because you’ve reached the maximum potential of your current mindset. It’s that simple. To go farther, you’re going to have to change something.
Here’s the good news, though: You don’t have to start with a huge, radical change to see an impact.
And that’s where this Square Hand Target system comes into play. Think of it as a baby step into a brave, new world.
- You don’t have to make a big sales pitch
- You don’t have to invest a ton of money
- You don’t have to attempt a mass intro
All you have to do is bring in your own students for a seminar on a subject matter you should already be comfortable with.
And by starting here, you can begin to develop an ease and understanding of a much larger concept to really help you hit your school goals!
- Film yourself doing 10-20 drills that you will be covering in the seminar so that you can include train at home content for the students.
- Hang up posters promoting the event and display 8-10 square hand targets on a table.
- Make announcement to the class that you will be holding a FREE Square Hand Target Seminar to improve power, speed and accuracy.
- Let students know that the only requirement is that they must purchase a square hand target.
- Tell students that they can bring a friend or parent for FREE, as they will be learning partner drills.
- Tell students that included with the seminar will be a video (which can be a file, a link or a jump drive) so they can remember and practice the techniques that they learn.
- Be sure to let everyone know that they must sign up in advance because space is limited.
- Take square hand targets off the table as people sign up and buy them. When there are only 3 or 4 left put out a few more. Make sure to determine how many people you want at the event.
- When you hold the event, make sure to use fun applicable drills. During the event you can also allow participants to borrow a second hand target for more advanced drills.
- When the event is over you can offer 20% off the second hand targets that were used if anybody wants a second one (this is not a hard sell, just an offer).
- Offer a free one week pass and private intro lesson for all non-students who attended, and set up appointments that day if possible. If the non-student is a child who did not have a parent with them, make sure to get contact info so you can follow up with them to set up an appointment to come in and try your classes.
If you'd like to see a video explanation with a bit more detail, you can watch Michael Perri of MAIA EDGE go into more depth here:
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.